· The Mission Statement comes from the Museum bylaws “purpose and objectives” section. It is to perpetuate the memory of all peoples who have lived in that part of Tuolumne County, known at various times as Summersville, Carters, and Tuolumne Township.
· To discover, collect, preserve, and interpret any material related to exploration, settlement and development of said area;
· To provide for the preservation, accessibility and display of any such material;
· To encourage archeological investigations of aboriginal or pioneer sites within said area and the preservation of historical buildings, monuments and markers;
· To stimulate and encourage the interest of students of all levels and the general public in the history of this geographical area.
The Museum is open Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4 PM, excluding major holidays. Please come by and visit.